- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Benefits
- 3 At a Glance
- 4 Expectations
- 5 FAQ
- 5.1 Is it safe to combine multiple cosmetic surgery procedures in one operation?
- 5.2 What procedures can be done together during a mummy makeover?
- 5.3 What is the recovery like after a mummy makeover?
- 5.4 When is the best time to have a mummy makeover?
- 5.5 When are the results of the mummy makeover visible?
Before and After Photos
Although giving birth is an incredibly rewarding experience for a woman, it can leave lasting changes to the body affecting ones confidence.
As a result, increasingly more women seek a surgical solution to restore their bodies to what they looked like before having children, giving them the freedom to wear the clothes they used to enjoy before having a family. These procedures are collectively called a mummy makeover. A mummy makeover can help correct:
- Saggy, empty or droopy breasts
- Enlarged areolae
- Sagging overhanging abdominal skin
- Lax or divided abdominal muscles
- Excess areas of stubborn fatty tissue unresponsive to exercise
- Poor body confidence after pregnancy or weight loss
At a Glance
- Duration: Variable
- Daycase / Overnight: 1 night
- Type of Anaesthetic: GA
- Bra / Garment to be worn for: 6 weeks
- Return to Work (depending on job): 2 weeks
- Return to Gym: 6 weeks
- SEE PRICE LIST
Maisam Fazel is a leading pioneer of the mummy makeover procedure. He is one of few surgeons who can offer combination procedures all in one operation. No two patients are the same and thus Maisam Fazel will tailor the operation to address the patient’s unique body concerns. Typically, a mummy makeover combines cosmetic breast surgery, a tummy tuck and liposuction. However, this can vary depending on the patient’s needs.
Is it safe to combine multiple cosmetic surgery procedures in one operation?
As part of the consultation, Maisam Fazel will assess a patient’s suitability for combination procedures. Generally, patients who are otherwise healthy are suitable candidates for combined procedures as long as they agree to follow Maisam Fazel’s postoperative care regime.
What procedures can be done together during a mummy makeover?
This depends on the length of each procedure and the scars involved. It is common for Maisam Fazel to perform cosmetic breast surgery, a tummy tuck and liposuction within 4 to 5 hours. If procedures on the back are required, they can be sometimes combined with the above as well depending on patient suitability.
What is the recovery like after a mummy makeover?
This depends on the individual patient and the extent of the procedure. Typically, the recovery is determined by the tummy tuck procedure and thus, most patients should be able to resume normal activities within ten to fourteen days.
When is the best time to have a mummy makeover?
Maisam Fazel advises all patients to have completed their family and to be at or near their ideal body weight as a mummy makeover is not a weight loss procedure and further weight fluctuations in the future can affect the results.
When are the results of the mummy makeover visible?
Although the initial results are seen Immediately after surgery, there is some natural swelling which gradually settles over time. Thus, one can expect to see the final results from six months to a year post-surgery.